You’ll snorkel with these amazing sharks in their home. Just crystal clear water between you and them, no cage, no aquarium. It’s the Ultimate Encounter when you snorkel with the Sharks on this day trip out to Barefoot Kuata Island Resort.
About your day trip snorkelling with the sharks…
- Free pick you up from your Nadi and Denarau hotels
- You can also pick up this trip if you’re staying at Beachcomber Island or Treasure Island
- FREE upgrade on the Yasawa Flyer to the air conditioned Captains Lounge
- For 2 hours you’ll cruise through the Mamanuca Islands and then onto the stunning Yasawas Islands passing cute little islands along the way.
- You’ll get off at Kuata Island and be wowed by the stunning picture postcard beach, crystal clear blue waters, unusual tall rock plus the warm hospitality of the Fijian people who will meet you on the beach.
- Enjoy a cooling fresh welcome drink before you head off for your snorkelling trip with the sharks
- Snorkel gear is provided free of charge
- After a short 20min boat ride you’ll be at the reef where all the sharks are, you should see them as soon as you jump in the water!
- You’ll see mostly White Tip Reef Sharks and maybe a Black Tip Reef Shark, both are common in the tropical warm water.
- Don’t worry there is no chance of being eaten by one of these sharks, they don’t eat humans!
- If you can’t swim, no problem, you’ll get buoyancy aids to keep you afloat, you’ll still see the sharks!
- Guides will be in the water with you the entire time
- You’ll spend about 30mins with the sharks.
- The coral is not much to look at but there are tons of other very colourful fish swimming around as well on the reef.
- Back at Barefoot Kuata Island Resort you’ll have lunch from a buffet, vegetarians are catered for as well
- Time to relax or more snorkelling from the beach
- Sit by the swimming pool if you prefer
- Take a free guided walk to the cave if you feel up to some interesting history
- Drinks are extra at the restaurant bar
The Shark Guarantee…
As Sharks are wild animals we cannot guarantee sightings however we have a 95% + success rate of sighting sharks. In the event that you don’t see any sharks we are happy for you to return for a complimentary “Ultimate Encounter – Snorkel with Sharks” within 3 days of your original cruise.
If poor weather and sea conditions result in the cancellation of the ‘Snorkelling with Sharks experience,’ a substitute snorkelling safari will be provided.