Swim with Manta Rays at Barefoot Manta Resort!
If you’re really keen to swim with the Manta Rays then stay at Barefoot Manta (not to be confused with Mantaray Island which is not where the Manta Rays are).
Barefoot Island – known traditionally as Drawaqa Island – lies in the Southern Yasawa Islands of Fiji. The stunning coral gardens right off the beach are some of the best in the Fijian isles. Barefoot Island is blessed with an abundance of beachfront. The buildings on the island are nestled closely between three beaches. The resort is the perfect destination for budget and alternative travellers searching for a special getaway.
Within this tranquil environment there are a wealth of ways to fill your day – if you’re so inclined: spectacular snorkelling and diving, nature walks, visits to nearby Fijian villages, kayaking, and the opportunity to swim with manta rays all await you! Barefoot Island is the closest island to the famous manta ray feeding channel – with the mantas leisurely enjoying an abundance of food directly off Barefoot’s most northern beach.
- Return transfers on the Yasawa Flyer to and from Port Denarau.
- 4 nights at Barefoot Manta Island Resort
- Free return transfers from your Nadi hotel.
- The Yasawa Flyer departs daily from Port Denarau at 8.30am daily and returns at 6 pm.
- Takes around 3 hours to get there.
- Free pickup from hotels and hostel around Nadi to Port Denarau between 7 am to 7.45am.
- Our Fijian dive instructors and boat captains are skilled fire dancers and are always ready to put on a show.
- We hold regular Kava ceremonies and our Fijian boys are happy to share some traditional songs with you.
- The waters immediately off Barefoot Island offer some truly spectacular snorkelling and SCUBA diving.
- An inquisitive look into one of the many rock pools around the island will reveal an incredible diversity of creatures.
- Regular free Fijian language presentations and Fijian jewellery and basket-weaving workshops.
- A well-marked trail will guide you up the hills behind the Bures.
- The beachfront Fijian Bure’s are available as a six sleeper dorm room with shared bathroom facilities.
- Several sets of showers and toilets located around the Island.
- Waterfront Bar.
- Volleyball Court.
- Tropical Gardens.
- Private Dining.
- Mantaray Swims.
- Scuba Diving.
- Shaded Hammocks.
- WiFi Internet Access.
- Mains power (240v) available for charging portable battery devices (phones, cameras, laptops etc).
- Check out the information board onsite to see where you will be dining each night!
- Secluded private dining experiences can also be arranged.
- Our chef prepares a range of delicious meals with the freshest seasonal ingredients and seafood from around Fiji and our own organic vegetable gardens.
- Each week we hold a traditional Fijian “Lovo” with seafood, chicken, pork and a range of traditional Fijian root crops and vegetables.
- The Lodge offers bar service from 10 am until late each day.
- Drinks can be purchased at the main Bure, or from our waterfront Sunset Deck.
- Nightly selection of mouth-watering cocktails to enjoy as the sun sets.
- Bring your own towel.
- Take extra water and alcohol if you want.
- The en-suite rooms have private toilet facilities in the room; all other accommodation, including Standard Double rooms, make use of shared toilet and bathroom facilities.
- A compulsory meal package will be charged upon check-in. This is FJD105 per person, per day.
- Prices valid from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019.
Swimming with the manta rays optional – but it’s amazing
- Swim safaris are available primarily between May and October – but may take place at other times when Manta Rays are around – which at the moment there seems to be a small family of them always here. Just double check with us.
- Barefoot Island is the closest island to the famous manta ray feeding channel – with the mantas leisurely enjoying an abundance of food directly off Barefoot’s most northern beach.
- The warm tropical waters running between Drawaqa Island and Naviti Island create a nutrient-rich channel ideally suited for filter feeding and offering a smorgasbord of their favourite food – plankton.
- Trained staff offer guided manta ray swims during the season which afford you a truly unique experience of swimming alongside one of these majestic creatures.
Book your 4 nights Barefoot Manta Island Package here now…