Swim with Manta Rays at Barefoot Manta Resort, or just relax on any of the 3 stunning white sandy beaches. Excellent snorkelling and diving.
Couples can stay in a beachfront safari bure, families in a bigger beachfront safari bure or newly renovated dorm if you’re on a budget. If you’re really keen to swim with the Manta Rays then stay at Barefoot Manta Resort, (not to be confused with Mantaray Island Resort, which is a different place and a bit further away).
Barefoot Island – known traditionally as Drawaqa Island – lies in the Southern Yasawa Islands of Fiji. Barefoot Manta Resort has not just 1 stunning beach but 3! The dorms are on one side of the resort, with their own beach and the bures are on the opposite side with their very own beach as well.
Lots of fantastic things to do at Barefoot Manta, spectacular snorkelling and diving, nature walks, visits to nearby Fijian villages, kayaking, and the opportunity to swim with manta rays (between May & Oct) all await you! Barefoot Manta Resort is the closest resort to the famous manta ray feeding channel – with the mantas leisurely enjoying an abundance of food directly off Barefoot’s most northern beach.
About Barefoot Manta Resort:
- Located between 3 stunning beaches with soft white sand and warm clear water!
- Fijian dive instructors and boat captains are skilled fire dancers and are always ready to put on a show.
- Regular Kava ceremonies and lots of singing by the local boys.
- Spectacular snorkelling and SCUBA diving.
- Lots of rock pools around the island reveal an incredible diversity of creatures.
- Regular free Fijian language presentations and Fijian jewellery and basket-weaving workshops.
- An easy walk up the hill behind the Bures for stunning views.
- Waterfront Bar.
- Volleyball Court.
- Tropical Gardens.
- Private Dining.
- Mantaray Swims.
- Scuba Diving..
- WiFi Internet Access. Good cell phone coverage.
- Mains power (240v) available for charging portable battery devices (phones, cameras, laptops etc).
- Secluded private dining experiences can also be arranged.
- Each week is a traditional Fijian “Lovo” with seafood, chicken, pork and a range of traditional Fijian root crops and vegetables.
- Bar service from 10am until late each day.
- Drinks can be purchased at the main Bure, or from our waterfront Sunset Deck.
- Nightly selection of mouth watering cocktails to enjoy as the sun sets.
- Bring your own towel if staying in a dorm.
- Take extra water and alcohol if you want.
- Water is quite safe to drink and comes from the decel water plant.
Accommodation options at Barefoot Manta Island Resort
Standard Dorms have bunk beds and are designed for up to 6 people sharing. Located on the beach a short walk from the dining room. Dorms are simply constructed in the traditional Fijian beach-hut style. Guests should bring their own towel or can hire one for FJ$7.
Standard Dorm at Barefoot Manta Resort
Inside Standard Dorm Bure at Barefoot Manta Resort
Deluxe Dorms have bunk beds designed for four people sharing and really well spaced out. These dorms have been recently renovated, are spacious and have huge louvre windows that let the natural sea breezes go through the room. This is as close to sleeping in a tent on the beach as you’ll get – except that you’ll be in a comfortable bed without getting sand in your pyjamas! Dorms have shared bathroom facilities with cool water showers. Bathroom block has also been renovated.
Inside Barefoot Manta Deluxe Dorm Bure.
Barefoot Manta Deluxe Dorm Bure right on the beach
Premium Beachfront Safari En-suite Bure
Beachfront Safari en-suite bures are designed for 2 adults and come with a queen sized bed and outdoor semi-covered bathroom. These tented bures are just metres from the water on Sunset Beach and have great views. They have huge mesh windows that let the sea breezes circulate and have their own hammocks under shaded coconut palms.
Beachfront Bure with big window door at Barefoot Manta Resort right on the beach.
View from one of the Beachfront Bures at Barefoot Manta Resort
Queen bed inside Beachfront Bure at Barefoot Manta Resort.
Big outdoor en-suite bathroom in Beachfront Bure at Barefoot Manta Resort
Family Safari Beachfront Bure with en-suite
Located right on the beach, there is plenty of room for the whole family.
Family Beachfront Safari Bure at Barefoot Manta Resort.
Inside Beachfront Family Safari Bure at Barefoot Manta Resort.
How to get there
You have 2 different options for transport to and from Barefoot Manta Island Resort. You can either catch the Yasawa Flyer ferry or fly by seaplane. The price of this holiday does not include your transport to the resort. You can select an option at the time of booking if you want transfers added to your order.
- The Yasawa Flyer departs daily from Port Denarau at 8.30am daily and returns at 6pm and takes around 3 hours to get there. Free pickup from hotels and hostel around Nadi to Port Denarau between 7am to 7.45am or from the airport at 6.50am.
- If you can’t make the ferry or you just want the enjoyment of flying over stunning scenery then take a seaplane, it’s really quick and very exciting.
Swimming with the manta rays optional – but it’s amazing
- Swim Safari’s are available primarily between May and October – but may take place at other times when Manta Rays are around – which at the moment there seems to be a small family of them always here. Just double check with us.
- Barefoot Island is the closest island to the famous manta ray feeding channel – with the mantas leisurely enjoying an abundance of food directly off Barefoot’s most northern beach.
- The warm tropical waters running between Drawaqa Island and Naviti Island create a nutrient rich channel ideally suited for filter feeding and offering a smorgasbord of their favourite food – plankton.
- Trained staff offer guided manta ray swims during the season which afford you a truly unique experience of swimming alongside one of these majestic creatures.
360 view at Barefoot Manta…
Book your 6 night 7 day DISCOUNTED holiday at Barefoot Manta Island Resort here…