Enjoy A Truly unique Fiji Experience in the remote Northern Islands for a unique Cultural Experience amongst unforgettable scenery.
ABOUT THE CRUISE
- Discover islands and reefs rarely visited by tourists.
- Visit the world heritage listed Levuka on the island of Ovalau
- Be treated to a song and dance by children of all ages from a local village
- Snorkelling, glass bottom boat & dive opportunities daily
- Stand on the 180th Meridian – the arbitrary dateline between today and tomorrow
- Island Night, kava, meke & lovo feast
Cruise beyond the Yasawa Islands to the world heritage listed Levuka on the island of Ovalau. You’ll have the opportunity to explore this lovely town steeped in colonial history. See the monument to federation, the Royal Hotel and visit the children of the local school. With its stately backdrop of 19th Century colonial architecture and waterfront promenades, Levuka is a time capsule of colonial rule.
Next we are welcomed with a traditional Fijian ceremony at Makogai Island and a walking tour of Makogai leper colony and nursery, home to giant clams and turtles. In the afternoon, a visit to the local primary school, where the children will entertain you with their song and dance.
Savusavu is the next stop on the island of Vanua Levu, with its hot springs, pearl farms and thriving markets, all perched on an extinct volcanic crater. Then it’s off to Bouma Waterfall National Park on the garden island of Taveuni for a chance to view or hike a series of natural waterfalls, swim in the Bouma Waterfall Lagoon and stand on the 180th Meridian – the arbitrary dateline between today and tomorrow.
Finally, before heading back to Denarau, travel to the northern coast of the main island, Viti Levu, for some excellent snorkelling, a great hike to admire the amazing Bligh Water and a traditional Island Night, featuring kava, meke and a lovo feast.
Day 1 Tuesday – TIVUA ISLAND
Welcome aboard with a complimentary fruit punch and welcome salusalu (lei) as we set sail for our FijiIslandd adventure. This afternoon visit Captain Cook Cruises own exclusive island “Tivua” where you can enjoy a twilight swim, snorkel or relax on the beach and enjoy our special Welcome Dinner and crew entertainment.
Day 2 Wednesday – LEVUKA ISLAND
This morning we arrive at the port of Levuka on the island of Ovalau, situated off the northeast coast of the main island. Levuka was the FIrst European settlement in Fiji and become the centre of British Colonial administration and trade. In the afternoon we visit the children of Marist Convent Primary School.
Day 3 Thursday – MAKOGAI ISLAND
Start your day at Makogai Island with a traditional Fijian ceremony before joining the 1-hour walking tour of Makogai leper colony and nursery, home to giant clams and turtles. In the afternoon return to the island visiting the local primary school where the children will entertain you with their song and dances.
Day 4 Friday – SAVUSAVU
This morning we arrive at Savusavu, the second town on the second biggest island in Fiji, Vanua Levu. Savusavu is positioned on an extinct volcanic crater. Choos from a selection of optional tours including a visit to the hot water springs, pearl farm and markets. Later this afternoon we cruise to a swimming beach in the Savusavu Bay.
Day 5 Saturday – BOURMA WATERFALL/ NASELESELE
This morning we disembark on the western side of Taveuni Island – “Garden Island” of Fiji. The optional bus tour takes you to the beautiful Bouma Waterfall where you can swim and relax in the beautiful setting. The tour then continues to the Naselesele Village where you can visit the local handicraft markets. Tonight enjoy the tastes ofg Fiji with a traditional “lovo” (earth oven) feast where we share fresh local seafood, meat, succulent tropical fruits. Then dance to the drum of the meke (dance) and kava ceremony.
Day 6 Sunday – WAIRIKI, DATELINE & THE WISPERING TIDE
For an experience not to be missed, join the special Choral Church service at Wairiki on the western side of Taveuni. Taveuni Island lies on the 180th Meridian, the arbitrary line between today and tomorrow. After the service, our crew will take you to the famous Dateline Meridian where you can literally stand one foot in the past and one foot in the future. This afternoon we visit WHispering Tide for swimming and snorkelling before your scenic cruise along the south-west coast of Vanua Levu while navigating Bligh Water
Day 7 Monday – NANANU-I-RA
Cruising south-west from Vanua Levu we arrive at Nananu-i-ra on the northern coast of Viti Levu for our customary swim, snorkel and beachcombing. A lazy morning to enjoy our beach visit or an energetic hike about the mountain. After lunch, there is our last opportunity ashore before we begin our homeward journey. This evening don your sulu (sarong) and join all the celebrations of our Pacific Island Night Finale.
Day 8 Tuesday – NADI
Enjoy Breakfast, we return to Denarau Marina with a farewell Ia Lei, disembarking 9.00am.
ACTIVITIES AND INCLUSIONS
- All meals & entertainment
- Daily island stopovers & water activities
- Guided island, village & school tours
- 24-hour self-service tea & coffee bar
- Use of snorkelling equipment & mini gym
- Tropical island lovo feast & kava ceremony
- Snorkelling & glass bottom boat tours to rarely visited reefs
- Captains Kids Club including early dinner (5-9yrs)
- Transfers at the end of your cruise.
Transfers to the ship, drinks, optional tours, scuba diving & massage & beauty services.
- Swimming pool and a top deck spa pool
- Massage & beauty services (optional)
- Scuba diving – certified & introductory (optional)
- Mini-gym & meeting room
- Easy access small boat launching platform
- Choice of 4 accommodation levels
- Friendly Fijian crew with a wealth of local knowledge
- A mix of both male & female crew
- Buffet & a la carte dining, freshly prepared on-board from local produce
- WIFI located in the Tabua Suites, Yasawa Lounge, Pool Deck and on the sundeck
ABOUT THE SHIP
MV Reef Endeavour is a small cruise ship catering for 130 passengers over 4 accommodation levels. Her small size allows her to negotiate remote islands, reefs & shallow bays where bigger ships are unable to go, showcasing the real Fiji and giving our passengers a true cultural experience.
Reef Endeavour Accommodation Features
- A total of 64 suites, staterooms and cabins
- Private bathroom ensuite
- On/off air-conditioning
- Hair dryer & international shaver point
- 240 volt power
- Shampoo, soaps and towels
- Internal telephone
- Serviced daily
- Each cabin is approximately 14 sq metres
Tabua Suites (4)
A bedroom with separate lounge, chair, desk, LCD screen & DVD player, refrigerator, tea & coffee facilities and second bathroom. Upper Deck (A). Configuration: twin/double beds
Connecting Family Staterooms (6)
Located on the upper or main decks, open onto the outside deck and have picture windows.
Configuration: twin/double beds
Located on the main decks (B & C) and open onto outside walkways, featuring two windows.
Configuration: twin/double beds
Located on the lower deck (D), open to an inside passageway and have portholes.
Configuration: twin/double/bunk triple/bunk quad.
Reef Endeavour Deck Plan
- Prices are in Fiji Dollars
- Rates valid till the 31st March 2019, for prices beyond this date please contact us at email@example.com
- Cruise Dates: 5 June 2018, 2 October 2018 and 5 February 2019
- Departs Port Denarau Marina at 1.00pm Tuesday (Luggage Check-in 9.00am to 12 midday)
- Returns Denarau Marina at 9.00am Tuesday on Reef Endeavour.
- Book at least 30 days in advance of travel to get our special prices, these include extra discounts taken from our own commission PLUS save big time with NO credit card charges!
Book Your 7 Night Colonial Fiji Discovery Cruise by Captain Cook here now…
NO Credit Card Fees!!!
Book at least 30 days in advance of travel date to take advantage of our Early Bird Special (EBS) prices.