Learn how to cook traditional Fijian & Indian dishes at Flavours of Fiji cooking class
Daily classes are called “Kaiviti Magiti” (Local Feast) and features a selection of Fijian dishes, Indo-Fijian dishes and Tropical Sweets – 8 courses in total! As the menus are anchored locally in the seasons, menu items change frequently to ensure the freshest produce available!
Why do this activity…
- Great cooking adventure exploring the diverse Flavours of Fiji
- Learn to cook Fiji’s unique dishes
- Experienced local cooks take you on a mouthwatering journey of traditional Fijian & Indian flavours
- Dishes include Fijian Feasts, Indian Thali, Tropical Sweets and Kids Kitchen
- Classes are held in a modern custom designed kitchen on Denarau Island
- Classes are limited to 10-12 participants per class ensuring personal attention & guidance
- Menus are based on traditional favourites showcasing seasonal seafood, root crops, local fruits & vegetables, an exotic array of local style curries, homemade chutneys, fresh tropical juices & local sweets
- Learn interesting facts, entertaining stories and highlights of the medicinal & nutritional values of ingredients used
Two exciting cooking classes to choose from…
Cooking Class & Market Tour
A culinary adventure through our local fresh produce markets!
Monday to Saturday – 9.30am to 2pm
$180 per adult & $130 per child
Includes a food culture presentation, cooking class, lunch, refreshments and take home recipes!
Monday to Saturday – 11am to 2pm
$155 per adult & $105 per child
- If you have any food allergies, please advise us at the time of booking, so we can ensure an appropriate menu is prepared for you.
- Sunday classes on request for a minimum 8 pax
- All classes are inclusive of lunch, refreshments & take home recipes
- Classes operate from Denarau, you need to make your own way there
- Prices valid to 31 March 2019