Stay at 6 tropical Fiji Islands, 2 Mamanucas & 4 in the Yasawas, at resorts from South Sea, Blue Lagoon, Beachcomber and more. Visit the Sawa-I-Lau Caves, snorkel with the Sharks, swim with the Manta Rays and relax on Modriki Island where Tom Hanks filmed “Cast Away”.
The Tropical Island Explorer package suits any budget as these packages use the 1 and 2 coconut rating system – 1 being more basic, and 2 being more luxurious.
The Full Monty version of the package means, all your activities are already planned and paid for so there are no hassles when you get to Fiji!
Full Monty is only available for 1 or 2 coconut level packages. We have already chosen the resorts you will be staying at based on our own personal experiences, we know which ones are best.
Highlights for the Tropical Island Explorer
- Visit 6 islands – see the whole length of the Yasawas chain and the most popular Mamanuca Islands
- Visit the famous Blue Lagoon region
- Amazing snorkelling and diving locations
- Spectacular scenery
- Picture-perfect Fiji beaches
- Plenty of optional activities
- Party at Beachcomber Island
Full Monty Inclusions (Available with 1 & 2 Coconut package options)
- Seaspray Day Sailing Adventure – Visit Mondoriki Island featured in Tom Hanks’s Movie ‘Cast Away’, including beers and lunch.
- Guided Summit walk – at Wayalailai, it’s a bit of a walk, but it will definitely be worth it.
- Swim or snorkel with the sharks at Barefoot Kuata
- Swim among the Manta Rays from Barefoot Manta, Mantaray Resort (seasonal May – October)
- Fijian cooking lessons at Barefoot Kuata
- Sawa-I-Lau Cave trip – stunning cave trip from Long Beach Resort and Nabua Lodge
- Island massage – Mantaray Resort, Long Beach and Nabua Lodge
- Sunset tube cruise – Mantaray Resort
- Blue Lagoon snorkel trip
- Hand-line fishing
- Mai Yasawa souvenir photo book
- Free Awesome Adventures Sulu or cap
Note: Full Monty activities are available only at certain resorts. Where you stay determines the activities that you can select.
Daily Departures / Return Times
Departs Denarau Marina at 8:30am for Octopus Resort
Departs Denarau Marina at 8:30am, 9:00am, 12:15pm or 3:15pm for South Sea Island
Choose return time Beachcomber to Denarau Marina:
Departure from Beachcomber at 9:45am arrives at Denarau Marina at 12:00pm
Departure from Beachcomber at 1:00pm arrives at Denarau Marina at 3:00pm
Departure from Beachcomber at 5:00pm arrives at Denarau Marina at 5:45pm
Tropical Island Explorer Itinerary
Just 30 minutes after departure we’ll have you on the beach at South Sea Island and approximately 2 and a half hours on the beach at Octopus Resort ! Sand between your toes, cold drink in hand – it’s straight into relaxing on the island.
1 Coconut: South Sea Island Resort (Dorm)
2 Coconut: South Sea Island Resort (Dorm)
Full Monty: Seaspray Day Sailing Adventure aboard the classic schooner ‘Seaspray’ sailing the outer Mamanuca Islands. Enjoy the crystal clear water for snorkelling and swimming, a traditional Fijian village visit and Kava ceremony (except Sunday). Visit the island featured in the Tom Hanks movie ‘Cast Away’. Morning/afternoon tea, a barbecue lunch and all beverages including beer and wine are provided. It’s a stunner.
South Sea Island: Mobile Phone Coverage, Swimming Pool, Generator Power
Kick back with more swimming, non-motorized watersports, sunbathing and awesome snorkelling. Full Monty guests have a special outing aboard ‘Seaspray’ sailing the outer Mamanuca Islands. Enjoy the crystal clear water for snorkelling and swimming, a traditional Fijian village visit and Kava ceremony (except Sunday). Visit the island featured in the Tom Hanks movie ‘Cast Away’. Morning/afternoon tea, a barbeque lunch and all beverages including beer and wine are provided.
Accommodation: Same as Day 1
Full Monty: Same as Day 1
Inclusions: Same as Day 1
Day 3 & 4
Time to head for the Yasawas with a short boat transfer on the ‘Yasawa Flyer’ to the southern end of the Yasawas where the islands are dominated by stunning mountains.
1 Coconut: Wayalailai Ecohaven (Dorm or Private Lodge/Bure with Twin/Double)
2 Coconut: Barefoot Kuata Island (Deluxe Dorm (shared facility) or Premium Safari Bure (ensuite) with Twin/Double)
2 Coconut: Octopus Resort (Dorm 7 bed (aircon, shared facility)/ 4 bed (ensuite) or Private Bungalow/Gardenview Bure (ensuite) with Twin/Double)
Full Monty: Wayalailai Ecohaven – Guided Summit walk, snorkel with the sharks. Barefoot Kuata – Snorkel with the sharks AND guided snorkel. Octopus – Guided summit walk or Fijian cooking lesson.
Wayalailai Ecohaven: Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Wi-Fi, Hot Water.
Barefoot Kuata Island: Hot Water, Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Swimming Pool.
Octopus Resort: Hot Water, Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Swimming Pool, Wi-Fi.
Day 5 & 6
Late morning transfer to your next dose of paradise. White Sandy Beach, Barefoot Manta and Mantaray Island Resort are all superb locations and offer great snorkelling and beaches.
1 Coconut: White Sandy Beach Resort (Dorm (shared facility) or Beachfront Bure (ensuite) with Twin/Double)
2 Coconut: Barefoot Manta Island (Deluxe Dorm (shared facility) or Premium Safari Bure (ensuite) with Twin/Double)
Full Monty: Swimming with the Manta Rays (May to October), snorkelling at the reef sites (November to April).
White Sandy Beach: Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Solar Power, Wi-Fi.
Barefoot Manta Island: Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Wi-Fi.
Late morning we travel to the stunning Blue Lagoon region. Enjoy island walks, magnificent beaches and coral. Hit the beach at sunset and watch for the flying fish.
1 Coconut: Nabua Lodge (Dorm (shared facility)/Deluxe Dorm (ensuite) or Garden/Deluxe Bure (ensuite) with Twin/Double)
2 Coconut: Blue Lagoon Beach (Dorm 8 bed air-conditioned or Bula Lodge Room with Twin/Double)
Nabua Lodge: Mobile Phone Coverage, Solar Power, Hot Water, Wi-Fi, Generator Power.
Blue Lagoon Beach Resort: Hot Water, Mobile Phone Coverage, Solar Power, Generator Power, Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool.
Enjoy a fantastic trip to the Sawa-I-Lau Caves where a short underwater swim takes you into the surreal underground cavern or a laze around all day!
Accommodation: Same as Day 7
Full Monty: Sawa-I-Lau Caves trip, Blue Lagoon snorkelling trip by boat OR handline fishing.
Inclusions: Same as Day 7
Day 9 & 10
Gold Coast Resort is a wonderful family run property set on a gorgeous beach. Boathouse Nanuya offers awesome snorkelling, diving and a great outdoor bar and restaurant.
1 Coconut: Gold Coast Resort (Dorm 6 bed (aircon) or Bure with Twin/Double)
2 Coconut: Boathouse Nanuya (Dorm 12 bed (aircon, ensuite) or Double Room with Twin/Double (ensuite))
Full Monty: Blue Lagoon snorkelling trip by boat OR an island massage.
Gold Coast Resort: Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Wi-Fi.
Boathouse Nanuya: Hot Water, Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Solar Power, Wi-Fi.
Enjoy a late afternoon transfer to Beachcomber, the original party island where every day is Friday, the bar is open late, the band is playing and everyone is on the dance floor. But it’s not just about the parties – Beachcomber’s fantastic reputation is there because of the great atmosphere, the hearty meals, white sandy beach, crystal clear waters and loads of activities.
1 Coconut: Beachcomber Island Resort (Dorm 20 bed (aircon, shared facility), Private Lodge Room)
2 Coconut: Beachcomber Island Resort (Dorm 6 Bed or Oceanview Bure (ensuite))
Beachcomber Island Resort: Hot Water, Mobile Phone Coverage, Generator Power, Wi-Fi, Swimming Pool.
Hey, we know you won’t want to leave. How about a last dive or snorkel, or maybe just a big sleep in?! Celebrate your 12 days in Paradise with another ‘Fiji Baby’ or a shamefully tasty natural fruit smoothie.
Info: Choose your own departure time 9:45am; 1:00pm or 5:00pm
Meal Plans ($FJD) compulsory, to be paid directly to the resort.
Southsea Island: Meals are Included
Octopus Resort: $218
Barefoot Kuata: $198
Barefoot Manta: $198
Blue Lagoon Resort: $218
Boathouse Nanuya: a la Carte
Three different levels of accommodation are recognized in the Yasawa Islands to suit different travelling styles and budgets, from those happy with the bare essentials to those looking for more creature comforts. Through our own local grading system of 1 and 2 Coconuts, you can personally select a style that suits you.
1 Coconut: Backpacker
Dorm and bures. If you need a hairdryer, these are not for you. Resorts are typically basic but on a beautiful beach. Usually, there is no hot water but the local water supply is tepid. Bring your own towel, soap and other necessities. Most of these resorts are run by Fijians who love hosting and sharing their lives with guests.
2 Coconut: Backpacker to Flashpacker
Dorm and bures. Generally more modern properties with a higher standard of accommodation and amenities than 1 Coconut properties but still with a strong Fijian flavour. There’s aircon or fans during generator operating hours. Meals are generally more varied with more courses.
These packages are not organised group travel. Booking a package simply means that you can book your accommodation, transfers and activities in one easy itinerary.
Sundays are a day of rest and churchgoing in the Yasawas. This means that conducted activities are not on offer, however; you are free to do activities on your own. In most villages, you will be welcome to join the church service and we recommend you do – it’s an amazing experience! When travelling on a Full Monty package, your activities will be arranged around this.
Free coach pick-ups:
We are more than happy to pick you up from your accommodation on the day of departure for the transfer to Denarau Marina. All you need to do is advise us on where you are staying. Denarau Marina is approximately 20 minutes from Nadi Airport. Complimentary Nadi airport/ Nadi hotel/Denarau hotel coach transfers for packages.
Where you stay/right to substitute properties:
When you book any multi-island stay package in the 1 and 2 coconut categories, Awesome Adventures Fiji reserves the right to substitute the property for a resort of a similar standard to the original booked. Most of the resorts in the Yasawa and Mamanuca Islands are quite small and capacity is limited. Where we specify particular resorts, chances are, you will stay at that resort but on occasions, they may be at full capacity on the dates that you want to stay there.
Book your Tropical Island Explorer 12 Days – 11 Nights – 6 Islands here now…
- Manta Ray Swims
- Scuba Diving
- Shaded Hammocks
- Swimming Pool
- Waterfront Bar
- WiFi Internet Access
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
Yasawa IslandsThe remote Yasawa Island Group make up Fiji’s western border. The group’s statuesque islands are mostly high, grass-covered islands, with brilliant porcelain beaches and water painted in a palette of blues. Rugged, remote and more dramatic than the sugardrop islands of the Mamanucas, the mighty Yasawas were once off-limits to all but those determined to play
Culture and history infoHistory The British navigator William Bligh (after which Bligh Water was aptly named) was the first European to sight the Yasawas in 1789, following the infamous mutiny on the HMS Bounty. Captain Barber in the HMS Arthur visited the islands in 1794, but they were not charted until 1840 by a United States expedition commanded by Charles Wilkes. The Yasawas weren't always tourism orientated. Visiting the islands once was limited to cruise ships, with passengers unable to actually set foot on the islands until the 1950s, and land-based tourism ventures restricted until 1987. However, thanks to the Government providing an ecotourism startup fund and the arrival of the Yasawa Flyer, the Yasawas are now dotted with small resorts and backpackers.
- We only take a small deposit now. Upon confirmation of your booking, you will be required to pay the balance due on a link, that will be provided to you on your confirmation voucher. The link will take you to a secure page on the Awesome Adventures website.
- No Booking Fees or Credit Card Fees on your deposit with us.
- If you pay the balance in cash you will avoid the extra 3% credit card charges at check-in.
- Payment is secure, look for the green padlock in your browser bar.
- No "Fiji time" here, we're on the computer all day every day making sure bookings are processed really fast
- As soon as you book we'll send you an "Order Pending" email to say we have received it. No money is taken yet. We then book your trip (as fast as humanly possible), take the deposit, then send you a second "Order Confirmed" email with all the important details of your trip, pick up times, booking reference number etc. You'll need to print the second email out and bring it with you or be able to show it on a mobile device.
- Your credit card is stored in our booking systems secure vault and will automatically be deleted 30 days after your tour.
- We're based right here in Nadi, Fiji
- Cancellation fees apply on the total package price:
- less than 14 days notice - you will be charged 100% of the total package price.
- less than 21 days notice - you will be charged 50% of the total package price.
- less than 5 weeks notice - you will be charged 25% of the total package price.
- Change of booking within 48 hours of travel, including after travel has commenced will incur a FJ$100 amendment fee
- More than 48 hours notice FJ$25
- More than 5 week's notice prior to commencement of travel No Charge.
- Please note that amendment of travel No Charge. Please note that the amendment fees will be additional to any amendment/cancellation fees imposed by the resort(s) affected.
- We highly recommend you have travel insurance to cover any possible cancellations.
- If the tour operator cancelled due to bad weather they will move the tour to another day. If, on that day you couldn't make it due to it being the end of your holiday, we will refund 90% of your deposit.
- We're based right here in Nadi, Fiji